Thursday, December 22, 2011

Praise the Lord!

I just have to tell you my experience last night/morning.

Joy was up screaming for a bit. Then I couldn't go back to sleep for several hours.

I was so frustrated. I wanted to shake James awake and let him know of my sad tale. (misery loves company) But I have an excuse--sleep really affects me. Or at least, I let it affect me.

Finally, I got up and did what always helps me relax. Opened up the Scriptures. I read 3 Nephi chapter 26-27.

So beautiful.

The Lord opened my eyes to some marvelous insights that I never before understood.

I received some powerful and strong urging about the importance of writing in a journal--about life and about spiritual experiences and feelings. It will be like scripture to our children. Even our Father writes!

I love the scriptures. I love Father and I love hearing His words.

He has given us so much to be grateful for. Even the hardships of life...end up blessing us (like occassionally being an insomniac)

After that, my frustration was gone. I was so at peace and felt so much love fill my soul.
I fell asleep immediately.