Friday, December 30, 2011

One more miracle

It is a small one...but nonetheless still a miracle.

Joy and I were rushing out the door--but to my horror couldn't find her other shoe.
We looked everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

But to no avail.

Finally, I thought, "Well, we haven't said a prayer yet. Surely God knows where it is."
But then I thought, "But it is such a small thing...He wouldn't care about that. Plus, I don't have time to say a prayer."

Finally, after wasting some more time searching, I knelt down (while Joy swung between fits of closing her eyes and pulling my hair) and we said a prayer asking Father to help us find that little shoe.

Literally, one second after we finished the prayer, I am still on my knees on the bed and get this thought that perhaps the shoe is somewhere hidden in the folds of the bed blanket.

I lifted up the blanket and there was the shoe!

Some might wave this off as merely a coincidence.

But I have had too many like this to know it is not.

We said a thank you prayer.

Suddenly, we felt this feeling of pure love...and at that moment I just knew that right then Father was smiling down on us and was grateful we remembered to give Him a chance to remind us--and especially my little Joy-- of His power, His knowledge, and His love.

I hope that I, like my mom did with me, can constantly help Joy see His hand and miracles...and get answers to her prayers.