Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My B-Day: Nothing went Right...But everything turned out Perfect

On my b-day I was taught a PERTINENT LESSON: How to enJOY Life


At first, I wanted to celebrate my birthday in a fun way: go to the parade in the morning (it is also Taiwan's 100th Birthday), go see the fireworks at night, go to a nice restaurant...

But then, thanks to a great conversation with April, we realized that all of that leaves you unfulfilled still. We realized that what would really make this day beautiful and joyful is to try and serve others and bring them joy and love. So April and I thought of ideas how I could serve James, Joy...etc.

Suddenly, without selfish expectations, nothing can really get you down.

So when the parade didn't work out...Or the Fireworks...Or the Market...Or the Restaurant...I was not irritated or let down!

Rather, I was so content and at peace. Why?
Because I spent the day deliberately living for others. I enjoyed helping James finish his homework until late in the evening because I wanted to show my love for him.

I loved missing the fireworks because we got to simply chat with our hotel friends.

To my surprise, these sweet friends brought out a delicious Birthday Cake!!! YUMMMMMY.

Best Birthday Ever. Because my soul was filled by loving others.